DIY – Flower pots

24 Sep

A couple of weeks ago I got inspired of refreshing the apartment a little, so I bought some new curtains, cloths, and candle holders; but also some paint, brushes and other lovely stuff in order to paint some of my own flower pots. So now I have made 3 pots, and quite satisfied with them.

The original pots are in brown plastic, so I painted several layers of white on them before I started to give them some other colours, and it took some while, but very much worth the effort. The first pot I painted got two shades of green, brown on the top, and the lower part got a greyish green + dark grey blue colour. I also added some gold glitter to this one, and the pearls was from the scrap booking shelf in the store.

The next pot I felt like going for some colour that suits autumn in a way. First I thought of orange and darker colours, but changed my mind into something more oriental, so it had to be wine red, red and pink. To balance the colours I added black on the bottom of the pot.

The last pot, but not the least, is not yet really finished yet, but anyway. It says Chindallae-ggot in Korean, which means Azalea, the national flower of Korea, and also the name of a lovely poem written by Kim Seo Weol back in the 16th century, if I’m not mistaken. My thought was to write the whole poem on this pot, but at the moment I don’t have a good pencil or brush in order to do it, so I have to wait.

4 Responses to “DIY – Flower pots”

  1. Amanda (Mae) September 24, 2012 at 8:49 pm #

    These are so pretty!

  2. Eryn Wong September 25, 2012 at 6:27 am #

    Wow, it’s beautiful!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: